Re: Packaging r-bioc-simpleaffy

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 09:56:43PM +0000, Tony Travis wrote:
> Most users import Bioconductor libraries from the main Bioconductor
> repository, or a mirror, into their local R instance from source using
> bioclite. What incentive would there be for people to install a few
> manually comitted deb packages from Debian-Med instead of adding an
> external APT repository with most/all Bioconductor deb's available?

As I said: We currently have no means to advertise BioConductor packages
inside the projects nor doe we have proper means to set Dependencies on
packages outside Debian.  IMHO users would profit from both things which
might be a reason to manually package a relevant subset (if time permits
and other more important jobs are done).

> What I think might be more useful is packaging cran2deb itself, and
> documenting how to use it to create a Bioconductor deb repository.

Does it make sense to recalculate a Bioconductor deb repository over
and over instead of just mirroring the result of one single cran2deb
run which would be (re)done in a reasonable frequence?