Re: Packaging r-bioc-simpleaffy

Le Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 12:55:58AM +0000, Tony Travis a écrit :

> It is what Debian and Ubuntu have in common that attracted me to
> Debian-Med. The people here have been very helpful indeed, but the
> Debian politics I've witnessed recently are a wake-up call to me.
> What is the big deal about the fact that we set up two Bioconductor
> repo's?

Hi Tony,

I think that there is a confusion between Policy and politics :)

Debian packages are hand made and eye-reviewed, this is one core procedure
that can not be changed without changing Debian's identity.

The Biocoductor cran2deb repository is a great achievement that I hope we
will support and advertise appropriately, through packages in our archive
and documentation on our website.

Steffen's message in [🔎] 4D5D0F30.30700@gmx.de">http://lists.debian.org/[🔎] 4D5D0F30.30700@gmx.de suggests
that there will be a more general announcement. This would be a good
candidate for being added to our website in its news section:
http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/News/

Likewise, detailed instructions could be added to our website… Suggestions
welcome !

In parallell, I think that it will be complementary to distribute some
Bioconductor packages in Debian itself, in particular some that fit well
with in our tasks.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy