Re: Need help with SONAME and dcmtk package

* Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malaterre@gmail.com> [110128 10:37]:

> So I have updated the debian/rules files to properly pass a version 2
> (instead of 1) to the compilation flags. What else should I be
> changing: libdcmtk1 should now be libdcmtk2?

Yes. The library package name should reflect the soname attribute.

> Do I need to explicitely add new conflicts in the control file?

At least the libdcmtk2-dev package must have a conflicts against the
previous version in order to prevent two versions installed at the
same time, which would cause a filename clash of the header files
included in the packages.

For the libdcmtk2 package I don't think there's a conflicts
needed. Strictly speaking, it would even be desirable to have
no conflicts in order to not break programs compiled by users
(or third party binaries linked against a previous version).

Best regards - Juergen

--
GPG A997BA7A | 87FC DA31 5F00 C885 0DC3  E28F BD0D 4B33 A997 BA7A