Re: Need help with SONAME and dcmtk package

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 10:28 PM, Juergen Salk <juergen.salk@gmx.de> wrote:
> Yes. The library package name should reflect the soname attribute.

done

> At least the libdcmtk2-dev package must have a conflicts against the
> previous version in order to prevent two versions installed at the
> same time, which would cause a filename clash of the header files
> included in the packages.

done

> For the libdcmtk2 package I don't think there's a conflicts
> needed. Strictly speaking, it would even be desirable to have
> no conflicts in order to not break programs compiled by users
> (or third party binaries linked against a previous version).

After talking with upstream, here is the culprit commit:

http://git.dcmtk.org/web?p=dcmtk.git;a=commitdiff;h=de4ba95922ebce6c30a21ee73f6790cb0aa31912#patch20

Now that DICOM standard recognize officially keyword no such problem
should ever occur in the future (it will be backward compatible from
now on).

Doing a quick rdepends I can find:

libdcmtk1
  Reverse Depends: aeskulap (>= 0.2.2b1-6+b1)
  Reverse Depends: amide (>= 0.9.2-1+b1)
  Reverse Depends: dcmtk (>= 3.5.4-4+b1)
  Reverse Depends: dcmtk-www (>= 3.5.4-4+b1)
  Reverse Depends: dicomscope (>= 3.6.0-2)
  Reverse Depends: libdcmtk1-dev (= 3.5.4-4+b1)
  Reverse Depends: lipsia (>= 1.6.0-4)
  Reverse Depends: mitools (>= 1.8.1-3)

I believe I will update the dcmtk package as is and provide a fix for
the affected packages.

Thanks
--
Mathieu