Re: Need help with SONAME and dcmtk package

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 10:37:22AM +0100, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> So I have updated the debian/rules files to properly pass a version 2
> (instead of 1) to the compilation flags. What else should I be
> changing: libdcmtk1 should now be libdcmtk2 ? Do I need to explicitely
> add new conflicts in the control file ?

I havn't checked dcmtk but if you want to build library packages I'd
recommend using d-shlibs.  I did it in libgenome (and others) and I
liked some checks this is automatically doing for you.  However, I admit
I'm not at all an expert in packaging libraries and to be sure that
everything is done right I'd strongly recommend to consult
debian-mentors mailing list.