Re: Need help with SONAME and dcmtk package

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 10:37:22AM +0100, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> So I have updated the debian/rules files to properly pass a version 2
> (instead of 1) to the compilation flags. What else should I be
> changing: libdcmtk1 should now be libdcmtk2 ? Do I need to explicitely
> add new conflicts in the control file ?

You probably should do so. It's also recommended in the library packaging
guide:

http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/column/libpkg-guide/libpkg-guide.html#binarycompat

In any case should you coordinate the upload with the release team as it
will involve a library transition. It's also advisable to build all packages
depending on your library with the new version and watch out for problems.
Or you can upload to unstable and ask the maintainers of those packages to
test it for you.

Best regards,
Manuel