Re: Medical device support for GNUmed

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 11:19 AM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 08, 2011 at 10:25:52AM -0500, Jeff Buchbinder wrote:
>> Not yet, but I probably should be.
>
> I would really welcome this because it would be good to have an author
> of a major practice menagement system here on board.  The list is not
> such high volume that it would consume a lot of your time.  My plan to
> package FreeMed is quite old and reaches quite into the beginning of the
> Debian Med project but was never accomplished.  Perhaps we will be able
> to fix this in the next Debian release and perhaps some pushing from
> your side might help. :-)

Sounds really good to me. The newer versions (0.9.x+) have some CLI
install tools and just require a build cycle for the UI using ant,
otherwise it's pretty much the same process as before for installing
it.

I'd love to help in any way I can -- my packaging efforts haven't been
that successful.

Also, REMITT 0.5.0 is available for packaging (it's much like
FreeSHIM, just that it doesn't have any proprietary components) if
you're interested.

>> I can try to split out the topaz driver (along with any other
>> proprietary drivers) when I'm doing the basic packaging. I would guess
>> that the way to proceed with it would be to actually patch the pom.xml
>> files for shim-drivers/pom.xml and shim-webapp/pom.xml to remove the
>> dependencies on the topaz driver so that it can be built from a
>> "clean" source.
>
> Sounds reasonable.

I'll try to get that done this weekend.

>> > Please drop us a not in case you will release a new (minor) version
>> > with your current SVN state.  I will now concentrate on the technical
>> > details and will come back (hopefully on Monday evening) with further
>> > details.
>>
>> If you guys absolutely need that, I can do it, otherwise I can just
>> package up some source tarballs specifically for you guys without
>> specifically tagging the revision.
>
> I do not want to package Debian only targeted releases.  I just wanted
> to ask you to give us some heads up once you would release a new version
> in general.

Sure. I have a new driver that I've been working on (courtesy of the
GNUmed project) so I might release an updated version then, otherwise
I'll just amend the build process and release an "interim" point
release with the separate packaging.

--
Thanks,
Jeff