Re: Medical device support for GNUmed

On Sat, Jan 08, 2011 at 10:25:52AM -0500, Jeff Buchbinder wrote:
> Not yet, but I probably should be.

I would really welcome this because it would be good to have an author
of a major practice menagement system here on board.  The list is not
such high volume that it would consume a lot of your time.  My plan to
package FreeMed is quite old and reaches quite into the beginning of the
Debian Med project but was never accomplished.  Perhaps we will be able
to fix this in the next Debian release and perhaps some pushing from
your side might help. :-)

> I can try to split out the topaz driver (along with any other
> proprietary drivers) when I'm doing the basic packaging. I would guess
> that the way to proceed with it would be to actually patch the pom.xml
> files for shim-drivers/pom.xml and shim-webapp/pom.xml to remove the
> dependencies on the topaz driver so that it can be built from a
> "clean" source.

Sounds reasonable.

> > Please drop us a not in case you will release a new (minor) version
> > with your current SVN state.  I will now concentrate on the technical
> > details and will come back (hopefully on Monday evening) with further
> > details.
>
> If you guys absolutely need that, I can do it, otherwise I can just
> package up some source tarballs specifically for you guys without
> specifically tagging the revision.

I do not want to package Debian only targeted releases.  I just wanted
to ask you to give us some heads up once you would release a new version
in general.