Usage of mailing lists (Was: Removal of data on purge)

On Thu, Oct 07, 2010 at 10:25:52AM -0700, misha680 wrote:

> Thank you. Per https://alioth.debian.org/projects/debian-med/ I take it that
> he is also reading the list and will look forward to his comments on the
> matter.

Just for clarification: I know that Sebastian is reading this list and I
guess he is reading the health record subjects carefully.  However, from
URL you pointed to you can not guess this.  I take the chance to explain
the usage of all our lists.

  1. The general Debian Med list (this list):
     http://lists.debian.org/debian-med
     Here should go any general discussions between users, upstream developers
     and Debian developers.  It should be not too packaging specific (so this
     thread was a borderline case, but IMHO perfectly fine here because issues
     like deleting data etc shuold be discussed in a wider audience than only
     technical development).  I prefer this list for any kind of discussion.
  2. The more technical lists connected to the Alioth project
     a) http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/debian-med-packaging
        Discussion of Debian packaging development only which is not interesting
        for users and upstream developers.  Here we can do some comments on
        specific commits, announcing general updates of a lot of packages.
        This list is "the maintainer" of all the Debian Med packages and it
        recieves bug reports to those packages etc.
     b) http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-med-commit
        To this list all the commits of the SVN or Git repositories will be
        sent.  Discussion about the commits should go to debian-med-packaging.

You will not subscribed to any of this list automatically.  So you can
not assume that anybody who is listed as team member is really
subscribed - if you want to be sure, simply CC.  (For the question whether
Sebastian Hilbert has read your mail or not: I'd ping him once openmrs has
moved to Debian Sid.)