From: Misha Koshelev <misha680@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 7:05 PM
Subject: Re: OpenMRS package is ready, I believe
To: Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu>
Cc: debian-med@lists.debian.org, Ben Wolfe <ben@openmrs.org>

Hi Andreas et Al:

My apologies for the brief email. I have, I believe, made all changes
necessary.

I tested the package and, to my testing, it works well.

lintian -I /var/cache/pbuilder/result/openmrs_1.6.1-1.dsc
reports no errors.

Some problems/concerns:
1. You may take issue with the pre-dependency on tomcat6. I have
followed directions here:
http://fnords.wordpress.com/2010/07/29/how-to-package-your-tomcat-webapp/
which seemed to work quite well.

If we do _not_ pre-depend on Tomcat, there are some issues:
* we are installing configuration files directly into Tomcat's /etc/
folders (semantic issue)
* more importantly, if we purge _both_ openmrs and tomcat6 at the same
time, tomcat does not have enough time
to clear the /var/lib/tomcat6/webapps/openmrs folder _it_ generated,
and this does _not_ get removed
(perhaps this is a tomcat6 bug, but due to the semantic issue above I
believe it is okay to pre-depend here; please
correct me if I am not mistaken)

2. UPDATE: I have added something in postrm purge that removes
configuration files. This is only configuration for the database and
modules that are installed - nothing that the user cannot lose.
However, I still need to test when get home. I have committed changes
to SVN. If you get a chance to look at other changes at least
(everything else is tested), much appreciated.

Perhaps a more important technical issue - if we do an aptitude purge
openmrs that has already been set up,
the files in /etc/openmrs will _not_ be removed, as they were set up
by the webapp.

However, to my understanding, purge should remove configuration files
as well (note: I could do an rm -rf /etc/openmrs in
postrm, but I noticed this post:
detailing that databases don't remove data on purge? is this true?

Thank you
Misha