Re: Removal of data on purge (Was: OpenMRS package is ready, I believe)

On Wed, Oct 06, 2010 at 05:12:47PM -0700, misha680 wrote:

> 1. I have alerted Andreas to this and this might be a potentially
> technically minor thing, but it would be nice to solve sooner rather than
> later if possible.

I will contact ftpmaster what might be the prefered solution here (there
is also an option to delete the old 1.6.1-1 and upload the current
1.6.1-2 code with 1.6.1-1 versioning - nothing is currently officially
available.  Finally no real harm is done.  It will happen in the future
as well that configuration files might change.  If it was untouched by
the local admin it becomes overriden by the new config file.  If admin
has changed something he is asked for an action interactively.

> 2. How do we get Ubuntu packages in the debian-med PPA? What is the process
> I mean?

Unfortunately I can not answer this question but I hope Sebastian
Hilbert who cares for Ubuntu packages of GNUmed might be able to give
you the needed information.