Re: Removal of data on purge (Was: OpenMRS package is ready, I believe)

On Thursday 07 October 2010 08:24:00 Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 06, 2010 at 05:12:47PM -0700, misha680 wrote:
> > 1. I have alerted Andreas to this and this might be a potentially
> > technically minor thing, but it would be nice to solve sooner rather than
> > later if possible.
>
> I will contact ftpmaster what might be the prefered solution here (there
> is also an option to delete the old 1.6.1-1 and upload the current
> 1.6.1-2 code with 1.6.1-1 versioning - nothing is currently officially
> available.  Finally no real harm is done.  It will happen in the future
> as well that configuration files might change.  If it was untouched by
> the local admin it becomes overriden by the new config file.  If admin
> has changed something he is asked for an action interactively.
>
> > 2. How do we get Ubuntu packages in the debian-med PPA? What is the
> > process I mean?
>
> Unfortunately I can not answer this question but I hope Sebastian
> Hilbert who cares for Ubuntu packages of GNUmed might be able to give
> you the needed information.

I overlooked that message. Here is what I know. It might not be enough.

The PPA for a project is managed by a team. This team builds packages locally
and signs them. then uploads them to an Ubuntu build robot which puts them
into the PPA.

https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging/PPA

Sebastian