Re: Removal of data on purge (Was: OpenMRS package is ready, I believe)

On Tue, Oct 05, 2010 at 05:46:08PM -0700, misha680 wrote:
> I have actually already made a 1.6.1-2 and uploaded to Debian mentors with
> the following changes:
>    * Change OpenMRS description to not use first person
>    * Purge OpenMRS database in postrm script if possible
>    * Update patch that allows specification of the runtime properties
> directory
>      to match version in OpenMRS trunk
>
> But I will ask you please to defer any uploads until I am able to resolve
> this with Ben.

It makes no sense to upload an updated package anyway.  The package I
uploaded yesterday is in the new queue[1] and will stay there until
ftpmaster will approve it.  I see two reasons why this might last longer
than usual (about one week):

  1. In Debian freeze times propagation of new packages is delayed
     (which makes sense because they will not make it into the to
     be released stable version anyway - we have to wait for
     Squeeze+1 in any case).
  2. Non-default licenses need longer because ftpmaster needs to
     study it more intensely (and probably not only one person will
     have a look on it).

So you probably have some time to work on a 1.6.1-2 package.  It is
recommended to use the "UNRELEASED" distribution as target in
debian/changelog to express that this package is not yet uploaded.

Kind regards and thanks for your continuos work on this package

       Andreas.

[1] http://ftp-master.debian.org/new/openmrs_1.6.1-1.html