Re: The mistery around libsbml

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 5:17 AM, David Paleino <d.paleino@gmail.com> wrote:

> Aren't you subscribed to the Mailing List? Sorry I forgot to CC you on that
> mail then.
>
>  http://git.debian.org/?p=users/hanska-guest/libsbml.git

Got it.

>> > Well.
>> > With the mono 2.0 transition [1], we are using /usr/bin/csc instead of
>> > {mcs,gmcs,cscc}, so to avoid other issues when going mono 2.2, 3.0, and so
>> > on.
>> >
>> > Secondly, IIRC you're not using cli-common tools the right way. I have no
>> > time right now (leaving -- university exams), I'll explain everything
>> > ASAP :)
>>
>> I guess I even didn't use them in the first place for some reasons.
>
> [reasons] which are probably bad. Mono libraries (DLLs) should be handled by
> cli-common tools -- at least to register them into the GAC. If something didn't
> work for you, there might be a margin of improvement on our tools ;)

I actually do use the gacutil as I looked into other CLI packages, but
I'm under the impression that I should do some more.

>> Eitherway, let me review your effort first. The upstream has given a go
>> with my patch for their 4.0 release.
>
> That is great.
> But, well, I remember you were doing some hacky thing with SONAMEs... but I
> can't find anything right now, maybe it's me who is too tired? ;)
> Really, I remember you were like renaming some lib... :/

It's not that hackish indeed, I just made a script wrapping around
libtool that can produce binaries within the working directory instead
of the libdir. It's definitely necessary since some of the libsbml's
language bindings relies on the language-specific build systems (e.g.
perl and python).

> I'll continue my packaging, but I'd need some autotools expert to add a
> SONAME ;)

To your surprise, It took 4 months fulltime to get it to work (plus
quality assurance stuff), so I hope you will continue your work based
on mine.

Regards,
Moriyoshi