The mistery around libsbml

Hello *,
a friend asked me to package mesord, but it needed libsbml. Then I looked in
Debian binary packages for "sbml", and nothing was there. So I started
packaging it. I found an issue (missing SONAME), and contacted upstream -- and
they replied that Debian already had a maintainer in Debian-Med (!!!).

I went back to our SVN and yes, libsbml is there. There is a
debian/changelog full of entries, even some contributions by me (!), but it
appears it's not in Debian (even though the plethora of changelog entries --
moral: "always use UNRELEASED", read further to understand why this statement).

So, some more looking. Let's check again:

$ apt-cache showsrc libsbml
$

but:

$ head debian/control
Source: libsbml
Maintainer: [..]
Build-Depends: [..]
Standards-Version: 3.8.0
Section: science
$

and:

$ head debian/changelog
libsbml (3.2.0-1) unstable; urgency=low

  * Upstream update.

 -- Moriyoshi Koizumi <mozo@sfc.keio.ac.jp>  Sun, 24 Aug 2008 19:27:26 +0900
[..]
$

Strange enough. Well, let's try the web interfaces:

http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=sbml ("Your search gave no results")
http://packages.qa.debian.org/l/libsbml.html (404 Not Found)
http://bugs.debian.org/src:libsbml ("There is no maintainer for libsbml [..]")

Well, it could've been removed since August, let's check:

$ wget http://ftp-master.debian.org/removals-full.txt
[..]
$ grep -i sbml removals-full.txt
$

Uh.

Also:

$ grep "Initial release" debian/changelog
  * Initial release (Closes: #241111)
$

But that bug has been closed for inactivity, not by an upload!!!

So, question: where *is* libsbml?!

If the first upload must be done yet, I would like to be added to Uploaders,
DMUA to be set, and we should shrink debian/changelog to just "Initial
release", reopening the bug and closing it with the upload. Also, there's a
3.3.1 available.

(and please don't upload, the C# bindings need some special care taken for the
Mono 2.0 transition ongoing in experimental -- I will do that myself once this
"issue" is solved)

Ciao,
David

--