Re: List of free medical software

Hi,

2009/1/13 Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de>
On Tue, 13 Jan 2009, Carlos Luis Sánchez Bocanegra wrote:

      1. Outdated translation is worse than no translation at all.

         So if you really intent to translate something make sure to coordinate
         your intend with the authors to make sure they will keep you informed
         about changes.  A one time translation effort which bitrots for years
         is just frustrating for readers of the old content and hides the new
         information for them

it would be very interesting!, some howto or similar to investigate?

I'm not sure whether you understood the paragraph I wrote above correctly -
at least your question did not fit the content.  It was just a warning to
make sure that original and translation are in sync.  The first thing which
comes to mind is contacting the authors of the English text.
Excume for my really ruther bad english! and thanks for your patients for try to understand me, I´ll promise to improve.
What i mean in last paragraph was really suscessfull for your offer on contact with the developers, because, we need to clasificate ehealth platforms for medicine doctors and give the scope or area where that application is covered in this way we need to investigate which ehealth areas and standars is fulfilling.

<comment>excuse me for the english and correct me to improve if you don´t mind.....i was thinking on how to explain and have too much time for begin on this list, if someone feel bad por this problem, include a comment for stop my discussión and of course forgive me.</comment>

      2. Just assembling a list with translated comments to untranslated
         content is not very helpful.

         Many of the projects are in English language.  If native speakers of
         Spanish language find out that they are always pointed to content in
         English they might become frustrated because they meet a dead end.

Ok, i will move into my community on http://redes.epesca.org

         The rationale behind the tasks pages we provide in Debian Med is that
         we have not only a list of software but we try to provide ready to install
         software behind the link of this list (at least we do our best with the
         available man power).  You see the difference between pointing to a
         list of homepages or pointing to a ready to install package which you
         can maintain with a localised tool (like synaptic or something like that)?
         You do not have to understand any installation / configuration instructions
         etc - you are quickly up and running.  If you are really lucky the authors
         of the software in question have cared for translations in their software
         and so you are able to circumvent the non-translated homepage and the
         user gets a working program without having to read an English text.

         What I want to say is the following: It might be more effective for your
         users to make sure that any description of pages like

           http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/bio.html.es

 Perfect i will div on it and try to find who can help you.

That would be great.
By the way Andreas, when you will be another congress and have any problem by sponsor try to tell me, probably could intent to help you on how to resolve it,

Kind regards
Regards.