Re: [odin-devel] Odin libraries usage scope, Interrelationship of Vista and Odin

> > In my institute, there are external applications which build upon these
> > libraries. If I understand you correctly, the (anticipated) libodin1-dev
> > package would then contain the headers and libs of all Odin libraries,
> > installed under /usr/include and /usr/lib so that the external
> > applications can be easily compiled against them?
>
> Exactly. :)

@ David:
Great. Please let me know if I can be of any help...

@ Debian-Med:
In my opinion, there has been some confusion about the dependencies of Vista,
Lipsia and Odin. While Odin can optionally use the Vista library to
import/export Vista files, the Vista library is not a key requirement for
Odin.
Thus, if it should become difficult/impossible to include Vista due to forks
and copyright issues, it would still be possible to package Odin without
support for Vista files.
Again, please do not hesitate to contact me for any kind of assistance.

Best wishes, Thies