Re: dentist software

On Samstag 10 Januar 2009, David Paleino wrote:
Hello David

> Yes -- and I was trying to use the SparksToothChart component from that.

see below

> I can't -- I already saw it :)
> GNUmed is aimed at general practitioners -- it has some missing features
> *needed* for a dentist software today (first of all -- a graphical tooth
> chart to work with)

It is evident to me that is misses features for dentists. The reason for
bringing this up might be that it might be easier to add the features to
GNUmed (as a plugin), using GNUmed's patient record stuff and maybe database
layout/interaction mechanisms than writing the whole thing from scratch.

We have seen some general practioner projects being started because GNUmed
was 'just not right'. In the end all projects died because it is not easy to
catch up with a head start and thousands of lines of codes from other
software projects. Depends on your resources.

BTW. There is absolutely no problem to throw away the GNUmed GUI in wxpython
and replace it by a pyGTK GUI. The benefit would be that you could reuse all
the GNUmed middleware that is GUI-independant as well as the GNUmed database
which could be easily extended for dentists.

I wish you success with your project.

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany