Re: [odin-devel] Odin libraries usage scope

Dear David,

I'm pleased to hear that you are still working on it!

> If they're public, I will create proper lib*, lib*-dev and lib*-dbg
> packages for each.
>
> If, instead, they're for internal use only, I'd rather put them
> into a private subdirectory, i.e. /usr/lib/odin/, and provide them via a
> "libodin1" package (still with proper -dev and -dbg).

the libraries have relatively strong dependencies. Thus, I would prefer the
second option since it would not be useful to split them up.

In my institute, there are external applications which build upon these
libraries. If I understand you correctly, the (anticipated) libodin1-dev
package would then contain the headers and libs of all Odin libraries,
installed under /usr/include and /usr/lib so that the external applications
can be easily compiled against them?

Best wishes, Thies