Re: Association between files and applications.

Am Montag, den 14.01.2008, 09:53 +0100 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> On Sun, 13 Jan 2008, Daniel Leidert wrote:
>
> > Oh wait, I see you followed my advice and used text/ for the MIME type
> > and the chemical/* types only seem to be aliases. In this case you
> > should add:
> >
> > <alias type="chemical/njplot"/> (diito for mase)
>
> Could you provide a patch?  I'm afraid I do not completely understand
> what you mean.

Attached is the .sharedmimeinfo file for njplot (based on the one
currently in SVN) for the case, that is must comply to the following
requirements:

- text/x-clustalw-tree is a pain text file (so it's a sub-class of
text/plain)

- chemical/njplot is an alias for text/x-clustalw-tree

But Charles said, that the chemical/* MIME type names are not longer
used. So you shouldn't ship them (because their name does not comply to
the standards). However the sub-class information is necessary for
several MIME classes (see the Link to the GNOME list archive).

> BTW, if you would like SVN access to Debian-Med SVN which in several
> places might share interests with DebiChem feel free to ask for it.

Thanks, but I think, I cannot help atm. I'm busy with debichem and
debian-xml-sgml and my private packages. I just try to help to
understand the MIME stuff a bit better (because I had to learn it some
time ago :)).

Regards, Daniel