Re: dcmtk-snapshot

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 10:50 AM, Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> wrote:
> Le Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 10:35:42AM +0100, Mathieu Malaterre a écrit :
>>
>> > Also, if you store your source package in a VCS, you
>>
>> What do you mean ? I am not working on dcmtk, this is an open source
>> project released by a company called offis. The only way to retrieve
>> the original src code is though there ftp.
>>
>> So in the end, what do I need to do ? Do you want the diff from:
>>
>> svn+ssh://malat-guest@svn.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/packages/dcmtk/trunk/debian
>
> Oups, I did not realise that dcmtk was already in our repository (as there was
> not yet an upload since it arrived: http://packages.qa.debian.org/d/dcmtk.html).
>
> I suggest that you maintain a source package targeted at Experimental in
> debian-med/trunk/packages/dcmtk/branches/experimental, it will make your work
> easier. Otherwise, when the snapshot version becomes released upstream, it is
> some work to transplant the novelties of the dcmtk-snapshot package to the
> dcmtk.  With the proposed solution, all you have to do is to replace
> experimental by unstable in the changelog (more or less).

Ok. Just for a test, I am trying the current dcmtk stuff in debian-med:

$ cd debian-med/trunk/packages/dcmtk/trunk
$ uscan --force-download
dcmtk: Version (3.5.4) available on remote site:
  ftp://dicom.offis.de/pub/dicom/offis/software/dcmtk/dcmtk354/dcmtk-3.5.4.tar.gz
  (local version is 3.5.4)
dcmtk: Successfully downloaded updated package dcmtk-3.5.4.tar.gz
    and symlinked dcmtk_3.5.4.orig.tar.gz to it
$ svn-b
        origDir: ..
        origUrl:
svn+ssh://malat-guest@svn.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/packages/dcmtk
        tagsDir: /home/mmalaterre/Software/debian-med/trunk/packages/dcmtk/tags
        tagsUrl:
svn+ssh://malat-guest@svn.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/packages/dcmtk/tags
        trunkDir:
/home/mmalaterre/Software/debian-med/trunk/packages/dcmtk/trunk
        trunkUrl:
svn+ssh://malat-guest@svn.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/packages/dcmtk/trunk
dpkg-checkbuilddeps
fakeroot debian/rules clean || debian/rules clean
dh_testdir
dh_testroot
rm -f build-arch-stamp build-indep-stamp config/config.status
# Add here commands to clean up after the build process.
/usr/bin/make distclean
make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/mmalaterre/Software/debian-med/trunk/packages/dcmtk/trunk'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `distclean'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/mmalaterre/Software/debian-med/trunk/packages/dcmtk/trunk'
make: [clean] Error 2 (ignored)
# Do not forget to remove shared libs as well
find /home/mmalaterre/Software/debian-med/trunk/packages/dcmtk/trunk
-name '*.so' -exec rm -f \{\} \;
test -r config/lzwtest.tif && \
                rm -f config/lzwtest.tif
make: [clean] Error 1 (ignored)
cp -f /usr/share/misc/config.sub config/config.sub
cp: cannot create regular file `config/config.sub': No such file or directory
make: *** [clean] Error 1
dh_testdir
dh_testroot
dh_testroot: You must run this as root (or use fakeroot).
make: *** [clean] Error 1
Command fakeroot debian/rules clean || debian/rules clean failed in
/home/mmalaterre/Software/debian-med/trunk/packages/dcmtk/trunk, how
to continue now? [Qri?]: q
Aborting.

Am I missing anything ?

Thanks,