Re: dcmtk-snapshot

Le Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 10:35:42AM +0100, Mathieu Malaterre a écrit :

> > Also, if you store your source package in a VCS, you
>
> What do you mean ? I am not working on dcmtk, this is an open source
> project released by a company called offis. The only way to retrieve
> the original src code is though there ftp.
>
> So in the end, what do I need to do ? Do you want the diff from:
>
> svn+ssh://malat-guest@svn.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/packages/dcmtk/trunk/debian

Oups, I did not realise that dcmtk was already in our repository (as there was
not yet an upload since it arrived: http://packages.qa.debian.org/d/dcmtk.html).

I suggest that you maintain a source package targeted at Experimental in
debian-med/trunk/packages/dcmtk/branches/experimental, it will make your work
easier. Otherwise, when the snapshot version becomes released upstream, it is
some work to transplant the novelties of the dcmtk-snapshot package to the
dcmtk.  With the proposed solution, all you have to do is to replace
experimental by unstable in the changelog (more or less).

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,