Re: dcmtk-snapshot

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 06:03:57PM +0100, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> Hi there,
>
>   just like there is a gcc-snapshot package, I would like to add a
> dcmtk-snapshot package to have a way to retrieve the snapshot package
> of dcmtk:
>
> ftp://dicom.offis.de/pub/dicom/offis/software/dcmtk/snapshot/
>
>   Does this seems reasonable ?

The impact of bugs etc. in a development snapshot of the C compiler is
paramount to the distribution, that is why there is a gcc-snapshot
package.  The reason for the different binary package is so that people
can still have a stable compiler installed and test the development
version.

Is this the case for dcmtk as well?

Maybe you can consider uploading snapshots of the dcmtk development
repository to experimental instead, without introducing a new package.

Michael