Re: dcmtk-snapshot

Le Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 06:22:00PM +0100, Mathieu Malaterre a écrit :
> On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 6:09 PM, Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > Maybe you can consider uploading snapshots of the dcmtk development
> > repository to experimental instead, without introducing a new package.
>
> Is this documented somewhere ? I'll talk to the dcmtk folks to see
> what are there opinion.

Dear Mathieu,

you can find documentation in the Developers Reference:

http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/resources.html#experimental

I also think that uploads to `experimental' would be better suited than an
extra -snapshot package. Also, if you store your source package in a VCS, you
will benefit from the possibilities of getting features from the experimental
branch in the unstable one.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy