Re: Mustang, please sponsor

Hi!

On Feb 6, 2008 9:06 PM, Morten Kjeldgaard <mortenkjeldgaard@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 06/02/2008, at 20.19, Nelson A. de Oliveira wrote:
>
> > You need to use 3.0+p1 only if you use the new tarball.
> > With the old one the version will be 3.0 only.
>
> Of course! It makes absolutely sense! 3.0 it is! I applied the patch
> from your mail yesterday. Committed to svn.

Ah, good! I hope that you understood my bad explanation about version
and revision :-)
It wasn't necessary to include my name on the changelog. But thanks
for this! :-)

And just to confirm. The tarball that you are working (and that should
be uploaded) is the old one, without any modifications, with MD5
4b5aadb3133e318b01320a37753606c1 and SHA1
7371345aef0f7eec62bae5d09168e5bd6e68a665?

There is only one detail: the upstream patch is wrong. It was diffed
wrongly ("diff new old" instead "diff old new").
You can verify by diffing the old tarball against the new one and
comparing to http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~arun/mustang/patch_15Jan2008.mustang

Because of this it fails to build:

applying patch 01-upstream to ./ ... failed.
make: *** [patch-stamp] Error 1
dpkg-buildpackage: failure: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2
pbuilder: Failed autobuilding of package

In fact it's wrong:

$ cat debian/patches/01-upstream.dpatch | patch -p1 --dry-run
patching file src/./CmdLineParser_2.cpp
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]

And just another thing that is making the package fails to build (line
32 of debian/rules):

(...)
cp mustang mustang.1
cp: cannot stat `mustang': No such file or directory
make: *** [build-arch-stamp] Error 1
dpkg-buildpackage: failure: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2
pbuilder: Failed autobuilding of package

After this I think that it will be ready for an upload.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Nelson