Re: Mustang, please sponsor

Hi!

On Feb 5, 2008 6:49 AM, Morten Kjeldgaard <mok@bioxray.au.dk> wrote:
> There is no new tarball. There's only  a patch file on upstream's web
> site that can be applied to the "old" tarball. I've wrapped that into
> a dpatch, so it is necessary to mark that in the version number I
> think. Version 3.0+p1 works for me, but will that sort correctly if
> upstream releases 3.0.1, say?

But from the upstream homepage I see:

Click here to download the current distribution of MUSTANG (v.3)
(md5sum: 883bd27b7ce9681476008089e769aa50)
Note: This distro contains some patches compared to the older distribution

So it seems that the available tarball is new, already including the
patch and with the same name. The old tarball is available at
http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~arun/mustang/mustang_v.3_old_14Jan06.tgz (from
the link "older distribution").

Like I said before, you can use the old tarball and apply the patch
with dpatch or you can use the new tarball (if I correctly understood
that there is a new tarball) and increment the version with +p1.

About the version numbers, you can use dpkg --compare-versions:

$ dpkg --compare-versions 3.0+p1 gt 3.0 && echo greater
greater
(so 3.0+p1 > 3.0)

$ dpkg --compare-versions 3.0.1 gt 3.0+p1 && echo greater
greater

So we have:

3.0.1 > 3.0+p1 > 3.0

There won't be problems if using 3.0+p1, for example.

Agreed? :-)

Best regards,
Nelson