Re: Christmas gift

Il giorno Sun, 30 Dec 2007 16:03:53 +0100 (CET)
Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> ha scritto:

> On Sun, 30 Dec 2007, David Paleino wrote:
>
> > Nope.
> > As for the other scripts in ~/scripts/, I fear some infinite loop when
> > committing in SVN. You're right though: the loop might happen only for those
> > scripts called by the post-commit hook. Scripts executed by cron wouldn't
> > loop, and they are safe to put in SVN. This afternoon I'll commit them :)
>
> Well, I would have tried to find a fix if I would have access - so perhaps
> a differentiation between the scripts that are actually running (and are
> controlled by yourself) and a copy in SVN might make sense.  I could check
> in something and you could verify and copy to the place where the scripts
> are running.

The scripts are now in community/infrastructure/, but they're not complete,
I'm sorry :(

I have to look deeper for what I've put into /scripts/ on Alioth to have a full
working SVN copy!

> I think I found another bug: It seems that all packages are merked as
> "Homepage not available".  I suspect that this is caused by the fact, that
> control files in stable do not contain this information.  Is this righht?

Yes, you're right.

> > Uhm, this is more difficult.
>
> Sure.  I do not expect this realized in one shot.  Perhaps an item for
> our TODO list.

Feel free to add it!

> > The Python script generates static pages: they have a .php extension only
> > because of some include()s (the header and the footer are included). What
> > you're asking is generating translated pages on-the-fly basing on the
> > browser's localization: I'm not that good in Python ;) (I've started
> > using / learning it only here, inside Debian-Med).
>
> No, not really on the fly.  We could perfectly create static pages and add
> a menu where users could choos their language.  Just keep it simple for the
> moment.  The static information is available on the DDTP pages and thus
> creating thise pages sounds not that hard.  We could add some top menu to
> enable the user to select the prefered language.

Perfect.

Kindly,
David

--