Re: Christmas gift

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007, David Paleino wrote:

Nope.
As for the other scripts in ~/scripts/, I fear some infinite loop when
committing in SVN. You're right though: the loop might happen only for those
scripts called by the post-commit hook. Scripts executed by cron wouldn't loop,
and they are safe to put in SVN. This afternoon I'll commit them :)

Well, I would have tried to find a fix if I would have access - so perhaps
a differentiation between the scripts that are actually running (and are
controlled by yourself) and a copy in SVN might make sense.  I could check
in something and you could verify and copy to the place where the scripts
are running.

This is strange. amide and aeskulap have correct Depends line in the imaging
task file. This is weird to me: it worked perfectly some days ago :S.
I'll have to check this (probably not today, sorry :()

No need to be sorry about.

I think I found another bug: It seems that all packages are merked as
"Homepage not available".  I suspect that this is caused by the fact, that
control files in stable do not contain this information.  Is this righht?

Alphabetical is fairly easy; if we want different ordering we should implement
a "Priority:" field into the task files. And, for the moment, this seems
overengineering to me. ;)

Same to me - so lets go for a simple alphabethical order for a start.

Uhm, this is more difficult.

Sure.  I do not expect this realized in one shot.  Perhaps an item for
our TODO list.

The Python script generates static pages: they have a .php extension only
because of some include()s (the header and the footer are included). What
you're asking is generating translated pages on-the-fly basing on the browser's
localization: I'm not that good in Python ;) (I've started using / learning it
only here, inside Debian-Med).

No, not really on the fly.  We could perfectly create static pages and add
a menu where users could choos their language.  Just keep it simple for the
moment.  The static information is available on the DDTP pages and thus
creating thise pages sounds not that hard.  We could add some top menu to
enable the user to select the prefered language.

One solution could be generating pages like:

imaging.en.php
imaging.it.php
imaging.de.php

and so on. That'd be simpler, far simpler, is it ok for you?

It is exactly what I had in mind for a first shot.

Have a Happy new year,

Same to you