Re: Christmas gift

Le Sun, Dec 23, 2007 at 06:05:33PM +0100, David Paleino a écrit :
> Dear Team,
> since it's Christmas time, I have a gift for all the team (and cdd-dev,
> eventually): automatic generation of static pages on debian.org (i.e., the
> first item on our to-do list)!
>
> I haven't put anything online: Andreas, could you give me more info on how to
> access that space and how it works?

Hi David,

many thanks for your gift :)

To modify the Debian website, one needs a password-protected CVS access.
To my knowledge, there are three Debian-Med persons who can commit,
Andreas, Tobbias and me. Anybody can feel free to request changes on
this list ; patches can be generated from anonymous checkouts of the
CVS.

Importantly, the Debian web pages are translated, so if their structure
is often changed, we waste the time of the translators. For this reason,
I think that the package list would be better on Alioth. For the
translations, maybe we could have a mechanism that generates the page if
more than 90 % of the descriptions are translated.

I am planning to write a more compact replacement for the biggest static
pages, such as microbio.html and imaging.html, that would point on the
Alioth pages.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy