Re: Red cross emblem (fwd)

dom 30 dicembre 2007, David Paleino ha scritto:
> I agree with that.
> Probably, we should ask debian-legal guys how to behave, and who to ask
> permission to :)

AFAIK, the International Committee of Red Cross has only given this permission
very few times and as an extraordinary exception, e.g. (IIRC) to Médecins
Sans Frontiers (“Doctors Without Borders”). Generally speaking, this may
happen in a war context. This should apply to all of the three emblems (red
cross, red crescent, and red cristal). This doesn't apply, of course, to
countries which didn't subscribed the Geneva Conventions.

See also: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=14552

The ancient Greek symbol seems more appropriate to me. :) (but one could also
use a green cross, as an example)

--
Luca