Re: Some news from the website :)

Il giorno Sun, 14 Oct 2007 14:06:04 +0200 (CEST)
Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> ha scritto:

> > I've successfully implemented this, take a look :)
>
> This is really great.  We now gained another really good tool.
> BTW, on which palce in SVN can I find the code?  I'd like to
> mention this in the Merida workshop.

It isn't under SVN control currently.

You can find it on Alioth in:

/var/lib/gforge/chroot/home/groups/debian-med/scripts/update-bugs

I'd like to keep it under svn control, but it might be a problem -- cron calls
it from the ./scripts/ directory, but in that directory we also have
update-website, which is called by SVN's post-commit... We have to think on how
to do this, avoiding any possible problem. Consider this: ./scripts/ is a SVN
export, which is done by the post-commit hook, which also uses scripts from
inside ./scripts/ itself. Loop. :(

> > I believe that the task files should only mention available packages --
> > prospective ones should be put into a separate wnpp task.
>
> You have your point here.  On the other hand this will leave out one
> advantage I mentioned that we would get the not yet existing packages
> in the Suggests list and once they appear the user profit immediately
> without uploading a new meta package set.  This would reduce the
> maintainance work of meta packages.

Can a meta-package (or even a normal one) have a non-available package in
Suggests ?

> > P.S.: the update-bugs script now takes a lot of time (about 10 minutes) to
> > complete (the increased number of packages...) -- SOAP isn't that fast (or
> > maybe it's SOAPpy's fault) -- but, hey, we're updating that twice a day, I
> > don't believe it would be a problem to Alioth.
>
> If you ask me - a hourly update is more than apropriate.

10 minutes every hour? :(

Consider that this time will still increase: I still have to add the python-apt
thing, and probably we'll also add more features in the future.

Kindly,
David

--
 . ''`.  Debian maintainer | http://snipurl.com/qa_page/