Some news from the website :)

Hi *,
seems kinda strange, but... I got it! :P
Before going to University, I spent *days* in trying to figure out the
information retrieval from BTS... now you can see the result of a single day
of coding on [1] ;)
I've also added a per-package page. Try to click on a link in that page!

I think I could add more fields to the single-package-pages, please let me know
what you wish to be added!

Further work to be done: in the per-package page, do not list only the bugs,
but retrieve information also from apt (python-apt probably). This will give a
full overview of a package just by pointing to
http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/pkgs/<package>.php .

Moreover, I've added a check-static script to check the existence of statically
generated pages: the update-bugs script, in fact, runs only twice a day, and if
one commits changes to the website the pages got lost. Now this is fixed,
check-static runs in cron every minute (we could change this, but it's not an
overwhelming task for alioth's machines -- it's just a cp -rf command). This
will ensure that the website "breaks" only for a maximum of 1 minute.

I'm still thinking on how to use the task files: Andreas, do you have any
concrete proposal? :)

I'm always open to new requests.

Kindly,
David

[1] http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/bugs.php

P.S.: if we'll want to include also pkg-emboss, or any other team, in the
website, things will get a bit harder and I'll need to hack something (i.e.
update-bugs, update-website, check-static, ...)

--
 . ''`.  Debian maintainer | http://snipurl.com/qa_page/
 : :'  :  Linuxer #334216  |  http://www.hanskalabs.net/