Re: HIS etc [WAS: [ANNOUNCE] GNUmed 0.2 release]

Andreas Tille wrote:
> The only technical comment I would
> like to give:  Make sure that it is not reduced to just the three
> languages you mentioned (spanish/english/portugese) but allows
> translations to *any* language and uses a reasonable translation system.

Can you give a pointer to the Debian systems for internationalising
packages and software, please?

I know there are ways to make software with the language strings
separate from the code, so that a new set of strings can just be dropped
in for a new language, but I'm not clear on what they are or how they work.

(I may not be the only one)

--
Adrian Midgley
GP, Exeter, UK