Re: [ANNOUNCE] GNUmed 0.2 release

Thanks Andreas. Let me tell.

We have worked in care2x project for Latin America hospitals in 2004 - 2005. After deep evaluation and changes made on original care2x, we believe that this system is not compatible with hospital structure and work flow in LatinAmerica. It has some deep bugs of security and inside structure, very hard workflows, so it is very complicated to change. And yes, there are no many reply from the central team. After all, we have made some chages in tables relationships and tables structure for a better fix into regional hospitals, and we called that version Care2x-L or Care2x-Ar (the product was celled OpenCare). But this was not what we need, and change care2x totally for fixing our hospitals, would be a very complicate work to do.

On 2006, we decided to quit care2x-ar development and to begin new one HIS. This is OpenHIS, based on Apache+php+MySQL or Postgress, with a new development not based on care2x. OpenHIS is right now in alpha state, not released yet. It would have three main languages: spanish, english and portuguese.

OpenHIS first step of development would have: patient identification set, appointments, management of beds , inpatient and outpatient management, and a basic electronic medical record.

We are developing it in scientific association with Health Information Science School of Texas University at Houston, Schull Institute and Institute of Algoriths in Medicine in USA, plus some Argentina Institution and Universities scientific support.

OpenHIS first version, would be relaease under GPL on 2007. Our focuse is to ru it under gnu/linux systems and specially under debian platform, like SaluX or any other. We don't have deb packlage yet, but it is in schedule to build it.

You can give more information in www.openhis.com.ar , but it is in spanish.

By the other way, we are collaborating since 2005 with Kurt Brauchli in i-Path translations on to spanish and testing. With Kurt and people from UAG (Guadalajara, Mexico) we have make one new space in Internet called Telemedicina Sur, the first i-Path implementation in spanish for LatinAmerica community.

If you want some more specific ietms about OpenHIS, please let me know.

Take care,
JR

2006/9/11, Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de>:
On Sun, 10 Sep 2006, Dr. Jorge R. Rodriguez wrote:

> Sorry. There are any english version of GNU-Med live CD? We have downloaded
> the live-CD about two years before but it was in de, so we could be abble to
> understand the whole software.

I hope Karsten can give some more information about this point.

> After some years of work in care2x and make some bugs corrections, we are
> working now in a new opensource HIS for Argentina called OpenHIS,

Can you please be a little bit more verbose about the relation of
care2x and OpenHIS?  Debian-Med tries to support also HIS systems but
we are quite unsure what fits best.  I personally have made some
investigations in Care2x (2,5 years ago!) and at this time it was
not possible to move the project to official Debian mirror.  I described
in Detail what should be fixed and has to be changed but never got
any tiny bit of response.  So while the authors do not show really
strong interest in a Debian inclusion I have not stopped my interest
and hope to find some time to tackle this target in the not so
distant future.  On the other hand I would like to learn more about
"competitors" of Care2x to make sure that we start with a reasonable
HIS project first and get support from the upstream authors which is
a great help when packaging complex projects.

> so we are
> very interestig in any opensource software for hospitals information.

Well, GNUmed is not really targeting at hospitals but at medical
practitioners.

Jorge Raúl Rodríguez MD
BioLinux Association
Argentina