Re: ITK debian packages

Gavin Baker wrote:
Hi Steve,

... and g'day Brad!  I've CC'ed you as this thread is all about
CableSwig and packaging.

Quick summary: I've packaged CableSwig 2.4 for Debian, Steve has now
packaged GCC_XML separately and managed to get CableSwig to use this
standalone package.

Cool, please send me the final set of changes needed for CableSwig to support an outside GCC-XML and I'll commit them upstream.

> So I guess the question becomes: is the source for
GCC_XML included with CableSwig patched at all from the original, or can
we just use the upstream sources as is?

The GCC_XML tree inside CableSwig is actually a symlink on the cvs server to the native GCC-XML repository. The two GCC-XML versions are identical. Any CableSwig branches are also in the GCC-XML repository. There are no changes on any CableSwig branches (really ITK branches) to my knowledge.

However, the GCC-XML package version may not match that on the CableSwig branch of GCC-XML corresponding to the CableSwig package version. The version dependency is very weak though so you should be okay, at least with the current versions.

If you want to be sure, I suggest you package GCC-XML with the version number from the date the ITK 2.4 branch was made, which is 2005-11-29. Therefore the GCC-XML version number should be something like 0.7.20051129. Note that odd minor versions of GCC-XML are development versions so the patch level is just the date.

-Brad