Re: database schema, was Re: LinuDent and tk_fp and odontolinux

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Christian Heller wrote:

> >       med-doc-dev
> >
> > to provide documentation for developing medical applications.  What
> > do you think about that?
>
> No problem with me. But I am not sure if my presentation really
> matches into a general Debian package as it describes the ResMedicinae
> architecture and may not be generic enough for other projects.
> Although, it also does contain some general design stuff...
I just see one point of Debian-Med to provide valuable documentation for
users and developers.  The question is whether it is better to provide
just links to those pages (to have high chances to have them up to date!)
or that we decide:  Well this documentation is of such a high quality and
of such big use that it is worth providing it for (offline reading, quick
access, wider spreading over the world on the backbone of Debian) that
we should package it including its source (perhaps to copy ideas for
other talks / papers - hey it is free stuff we are packaging!).

If you regard the general stuff fitting these ideas - just raise your
hand and it will be done over the next weeks.

> I think I've asked Thomas some weeks ago, on whether he uses
> LinuxDoc/DocBook for his paper and if he could provide the sources.
> Thomas?
The same applies for Thomas' paper.