Re: database schema, was Re: LinuDent and tk_fp and odontolinux

not sure if I should be doing all this cross-posting here, but anyway...

Christian Heller wrote:

But we should provide the source (Christian - would be your
KPresenter source available, and does somebody know whether Thomas
would offer the source of his paper?)

It's there since long, just check out:
http://resmedicinae.sourceforge.net/model/design/index.html

I think I've asked Thomas some weeks ago, on whether he uses
LinuxDoc/DocBook for his paper and if he could provide the sources.
Thomas?

The document is written in FrameMaker (sorry, not OS!) and it probably not likely to change, simply because its the tool I am most productive on. From Frame I can produce PDF, HTML, apparently now XML, RTF, and with a bought tool (which I don't have) some other formats. I don't know what LinuxDoc or DocBook look like - you'll need to educate me. I am happy to provide material in whatever the most useful format I can possibly produce for this purpose, but you have to understand, my #1 priority is to be able to edit, not just to view!

BTW, there will be a new version of the arhcetypes document out in a month or so. I would not want to the current version to be used as described above, because it now contains som omissions and errors which I want to fix.

You might also find the paper "EHR Design Principles" useful, it is at

http://www.gehr.org/openEHR

A major new version of this will be out in days, so any potential readers might want to wait a little bit.

Any review / critique of content of either paper is always welcome.

Anyway, let me know how I can be of help.

- thomas beale

Deep Thought Informatics Pty Ltd
mailto:thomas@deepthought.com.au
openEHR proposals - http://www.gehr.org/openEHR