Re: src:wpa overlap in Debian LTS?\

Holger Levsen wrote:

[…]
> of that page and then I found the entry where it describes how to claim
> a DLA, which I did, thinking this would be visible enough (and maybe
> automatically put an entry into dla-needed.txt.)

It would not be correct that generating a DLA would add an entry to
dla-needed.txt; quite the opposite as releasing a DLA ipso-facto
implies that the work has been completed and thus nothing is needed
anymore.

Indeed, removing the entry from dla-needed.txt is precisely what gen-
DLA does, tooling-wise.

Let me outline the process here as I think it might help clarify some
potential misunderstanding:

  * Frontdesk adds an (unassigned) package to dla-needed.txt.

  * Someone claims this in dla-needed.txt and begins work on
    preparing the fixed package.

  * One complete and tested they generate a DLA for this. gen-DLA will
    remove the entry from dla-needed.txt as described above.

> Basically I wanted to reserve this DLA 'for me' because I had tested
> that the sid patch applied cleanly, but I was too tired (home from dc18
> for a bit more than 24h..) to do the upload at that moment.

Sure, makes sense. All that was missing here was ensuring that it was
added and assigned in dla-needed.txt so that nobody else would start
work on it in the interim (ie. doing the first two steps outlined above
yourself).

      ,''`.
     : :'  :     Chris Lamb
     `. `'`      lamby@debian.org / chris-lamb.co.uk