Re: src:wpa overlap in Debian LTS?

Hi,

On 10 August 2018 at 08:40, Chris Lamb <lamby@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> [With LTS Front Desk hat on]
>
> Yesterday carnil noticed that Holger already reserved a DLA for wpa but
> Andrej had claimed wpa in data/dla-needed list.
>
> Was this overlap resolved? We have enough to do with potential
> duplicated work, after all.

By the time I noticed Holger reserved a DLA, I had the update ready
and built, so (I guess a bit unpatiently) I proceeded with an upload
after not receiving a reply from Holger for about an hour. I made a
mistake of using a wrong DLA number in the announcement, which cause a
bit of a mess later, but at this moment the original DLA number Holger
reserved has already been reused for clamav I believe, so it’s not an
issue anymore.

I guess there’s some room for improvement in the processes to prevent
that in future: maybe we can have a script to claim a package, or
maybe the wiki page can be reworded to make it more clear how to
prepare an LTS update.

  Andrej