Re: Regression problem, call for advice Re: Call for advice and testing of nss (and nspr) and intention to upload correction

Hi

The old nss version will be available in wheezy. The new version is available in wheezy+security only. So it should be available already now without me doing any changes.

This actually look like a problem for jessie too. See this post here:
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=129904&p=625402

But I have not checked that myself.

Anyway I'm going to put aside this issue for now. I have to save some hours for front-desk work later.

// Ola

On 4 November 2016 at 17:07, Markus Koschany <apo@debian.org> wrote:
On 04.11.2016 15:38, J. R. Okajima wrote:
[...]
> I'd suggest a variation of 4, which is
> - keep the latest NSS pkgs as is, which is equivalent to your option 1.
> - for the oldstable users who suffer from this problem (like me),
>   provide the previous NSS pkgs so that they can downgrade as their own
>   choice.
> - "provide" here means just to put the previous versions somewhere on
>   Debian site as "hold-pkgs-for-oldstable" or something.

[...]

You can always find a previous version of any Debian package at
snapshot.debian.org, e.g

http://snapshot.debian.org/package/nss/

/  ola@inguza.com                    Folkebogatan 26            \
|  opal@debian.org                   654 68 KARLSTAD            |
|  http://inguza.com/                Mobile: +46 (0)70-332 1551 |
\  gpg/f.p.: 7090 A92B 18FE 7994 0C36 4FE4 18A1 B1CF 0FE5 3DD9  /