Re: Regression problem, call for advice Re: Call for advice and testing of nss (and nspr) and intention to upload correction

On Tue, 2016-11-01 at 23:37 +0100, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> Hi Ben, Balint and others
>
> I'd like to have some advice on this regression.
>
> 1) Is this worth investigating?
>  - Chrome is not supported, however we have now made it to crash. Ben
> obviously like that but maybe others do not have the same opinion.

I like that the outdated Debian package of chromium for wheezy is now
unusable.  If the current upstream version of Chromium (or Chrome) is
also broken then that *is* a problem - but I didn't think it could
still run on wheezy, or that it would use nss as a system library.

> 2) Is this severe enough for me to revert the nss 3.26 upload?
[...]

If *only* the outdated Debian package of chromium is affected, then
obviously I don't think it is.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings