Re: Regression problem, call for advice Re: Call for advice and testing of nss (and nspr) and intention to upload correction

Hi Mike and Guido

Thanks for fast feedback on this.

It could very well be sandboxing.

I have tried to fins possible fixes for chromium but they are not easy to find. If anyone finds a solution to this I'm eager to know.

When I look at the later chromium source code I can see that the offending code block is actually not even there.
So maybe this fix could help. I do however have a problem to get all the build dependencies for chromium to install. Do anyone succeed with that?

The possible fix is to change
nodb_init = true;
nodb_init = false;
in crypto/nss_util.cc at line 711 (chromium-browser-37.0.2062.120).

Alternative to remove the whole if-statement below that line.

This code seems to be for IOS and as we are not running that OS it should be good.

// Ola

On 4 November 2016 at 13:48, Mike Hommey <mh@glandium.org> wrote:
On Fri, Nov 04, 2016 at 01:17:36PM +0100, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have now analyzed the problem and the problem is that libfreebl3.so have
> been split into a libfreebl3.so that is pre-loaded and a libfreeblpriv3.so
> that is dynamically loaded by libfreebl3.so. This works well in many
> situations but apparently not in google chrome. I guess this is because of
> some kind of forking mechanism.

Are you sure it's not caused by chromium's sandboxing?

Surely more recent versions of chromium can handle the split, and maybe
they had to do something for that to work. It would be worth looking at
the chromium source history to find out what they did.

Mike

/  ola@inguza.com                    Folkebogatan 26            \
|  opal@debian.org                   654 68 KARLSTAD            |
|  http://inguza.com/                Mobile: +46 (0)70-332 1551 |
\  gpg/f.p.: 7090 A92B 18FE 7994 0C36 4FE4 18A1 B1CF 0FE5 3DD9  /