Re: Regression problem, call for advice Re: Call for advice and testing of nss (and nspr) and intention to upload correction

On Fri, Nov 04, 2016 at 01:17:36PM +0100, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have now analyzed the problem and the problem is that libfreebl3.so have
> been split into a libfreebl3.so that is pre-loaded and a libfreeblpriv3.so
> that is dynamically loaded by libfreebl3.so. This works well in many
> situations but apparently not in google chrome. I guess this is because of
> some kind of forking mechanism.

Are you sure it's not caused by chromium's sandboxing?

Surely more recent versions of chromium can handle the split, and maybe
they had to do something for that to work. It would be worth looking at
the chromium source history to find out what they did.

Mike