Re: [debian-lts] file package

On Thu, 19 Feb 2015, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Donnerstag, 19. Februar 2015, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > Yeah, that's the kind of feature that I envisioned within the new
> > package tracker. Each contributor would express what they are willing
> > to work on:
> [...]
> > But I have too many plans for the package tracker and not enough time to
> > dedicate to it. :-(
>
> we could start with a wiki page like the lowNMU one?!? This technology exists
> today and would allow us to gather data until tracker is ready for this.

How would we make use of this list?

Given the helper script I implemented to contact the maintainers, I have
the feeling that the only thing that we really need is a blacklist of
maintainers that we should not contact about an LTS update.

On the opposite an explicit list of contact emails of people specifically
interested in preparing an LTS update would be useful but I don't see us
putting this in a wiki (it would be particularly useful if it could
include contributors which are not the usual package maintainers). (That's
what I sort of suggested implicitly via the package tracker
implementation)

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer