Re: [debian-lts] file package

Hi Christoph,

On Donnerstag, 19. Februar 2015, Christoph Biedl wrote:
> Thanks for that, given the past experiences with regressions
> introduced in file updates I'd really like to keep an eye on it.

Thanks for that! And your other work on file too :)

> have a huge collection of test files that help me to identify
> unexpected side effects, total run time is several hours - but cannot
> disclose it for legal reasons.

Just that I'm slightly uncomfortable with this. IMO uploads of free software
should not depend on access to a non-free data collection.

Can you maybe share this collection with others, so there could be team
maintenance of the file package? Could Debian somehow help to make this
collection free, gather a free collection or do something else?

Should we track this as a bug in the file package for the time being?

cheers,
	Holger