Re: [debian-lts] file package

Hi,

On Thu, 19 Feb 2015, Paul Gevers wrote:
> On 19-02-15 08:38, Christoph Biedl wrote:
> > Thanks for that, given the past experiences with regressions
> > introduced in file updates I'd really like to keep an eye on it.
>
> Just an idea, couldn't we track somewhere which maintainers have
> expressed their ideas about LTS? I.e. it should be easy to look up if a
> maintainer (-team):
> - doesn't want to be bothered about LTS at all
> - in principle wants to take care himself
> - wants to be involved in the process of updates
>
> I am lurking on this list as the maintainer of several packages (mainly
> Cacti for LTS). So far I have no intent to do more for LTS, but I do
> want to be involved with all the packages that I actively (co-)maintain.

Yeah, that's the kind of feature that I envisioned within the new
package tracker. Each contributor would express what they are willing
to work on:
- maintenance in unstable
  - packaging new upstream versions
  - dealing with incoming bugs
  - dealing with the backlog of bugs
- maintenance in testing
- maintenance in stable
- maintenance in lts releases

But I have too many plans for the package tracker and not enough time to
dedicate to it. :-(

I'd gladly mentor someone trying to work on it though and review/merge
patches.

http://tracker.debian.org/docs/contributing.html

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer