Re: Draft announce of Debian 6 LTS, please review quickly

On Sun, 15 Jun 2014, Korte wrote:
> "Nowhere else do we segregate volunteers on the basis of whether they
> are paid or not."
>
> Do you mean people or developer instead of volunteers? Volunteers don't
> get paid.

We are all volunteers, some contribute on paid time, some don't.
But in no other teams in Debian do we list team members separately
based on this criteria. And I would not want to initiate this here
because it doesn't bring any value.

> I like the idea to have a list how people can get hired. But what is so
> bad about marking out in the wiki, that people work unpaid only? You

This can still be deduced from the lack of "works for" and the lack of
information about one's availability for hire. If you make it more
explicit, it's a bit like "separating two camps" while we are all in the
same camp: those who want to make Squeeze LTS a success.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Discover the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/