Re: Draft announce of Debian 6 LTS, please review quickly

Am Sun, 15 Jun 2014 10:46:08 +0200
schrieb Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>:

> I see that Jens updated the wiki page to list people paid to work on
> LTS vs volunteers. I believe this is a bad way to separate the
> volunteers. Nowhere else do we segregate volunteers on the basis of
> whether they are paid or not. That said it's effectively a good idea
> to list there the people who are available for hire so that companies
> willing to support financially know who they can contact.

"Nowhere else do we segregate volunteers on the basis of whether they
are paid or not."

Do you mean people or developer instead of volunteers? Volunteers don't
get paid.
Since I made 2 columns everybody was able to mark volunteer and paid.
By the way now it seems to me that all people work unpaid additionally.

I like the idea to have a list how people can get hired. But what is so
bad about marking out in the wiki, that people work unpaid only? You
write nowhere else do we segregate, but that is no argument. I don't
understand the negative aspect, please explain it to me.