Re: Call for testing (was: Re: linux-2.6 (2.6.32-48squeeze7) CVE-2014-3153)
On Fri, 6 Jun 2014, Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez wrote:
I have built it for both i386 and amd64. The packages are here:
Thank you for that -- very helpful!
- Test (should also be posted here, so that others can test as well)
- Download, compiled and ran futextest .
- Saved the output on a text file.
- Upgraded the kernel related packages:
2.6.32-5-vserver-amd64=2.6.32-48squeeze6 -> 2.6.32-5-vserver-amd64=2.6.32-48squeeze7
- Reboot with the new kernel.
- Ran futextest again.
- Compared the output with the previous one:
Nothing relevant. Everything passed. Only minor differences on the performance
that are explained because of the different load on the machine at both moments.
We've been running on some test systems for several days now, with no
problems. Again, everything passed.
Additionally, futextest run on identical systems running the older
kernel produces nearly identical results to futextest run on the systems
with the new kernel.
 staging systems on xen VMs running on the same host with the same
packages installed (only difference is the kernel) and services running