Re: Re: Re: Debian Live: Aufs mounting options

В Mon, 20 Apr 2015 15:21:53 +0200
Michal Suchanek <hramrach@gmail.com> пишет:

> On 20 April 2015 at 13:30, Евгений Шумилов
> <evgeniy.shumilov@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm talking not about plugins or architecture, but about ability of
> > remount current aufs branch with appending another one layer. Why it
> > should not be possible?
> >
> > I can refresh menu indexies by myself after mounting.
>
> The point here is that software installed on debian-live are Debian
> packages installed with dpkg with no changes.
>
> So the software is installed with dpkg and recorded in its database of
> installed software which is one for the whole system (live or
> otherwise) and cannot be plugged in in pieces (unless you are willing
> to do a lot of processing on said database).
>
> You can boot to ram without loading persistence snapshot all right.
>
> You might add a hack to load a snapshot after the fact once the system
> is already running. But a Debian system is not designed for that and
> will not work well like that.
>
> You can do this with other distribution that has package database
> designed to be distributed across multiple files but not Debian. You
> can make a Debian based distribution which has some additional
> packaging suitable for plugging in packages at random. But neither
> will be debian-live which is designed to just run pre-installed Debian
> system as a live system.
>
> HTH
>
> Michal

I understand about dpkg working. But I needn't make some changes in
current dpkg base. Application is amount of files and libraries. If
some libraries exists in main system, I can plug aufs layer above with
same version and it will works fine. I planning to make squashfs from
debian packages of the same versions. Yes, I know about scripts,
that included in deb packages. I know, that it can change some other
files. Certainly, I will not have file associations in my Desktop
environment and something like this, but I can automatically makes menu
items or something else to start it. I will be able to start
application in it's path, and this application will take it's libraries
and resources from it's path. I can make some tool, that will extract
anything from deb packages and make squashes. And then if it will be
necessary, I can watch post-inst scripts and find out, what I need to
do.

The worst thing, that can happened - I will try to install already
existing application. I think, you should get a lot of warning messages
in apt output in this case. But it's not critically. Even if
application won't be installed, I can unplug squash and reinstall it,
and than rebuild new squash with some changes.

I also can understand, than it can be more complicated, that I can
imagine at the moment, but I want to try.

By the way - there are some versions of puppet (DebianDog for example),
that was based on debian and it's normal working with deb packages as
good as with squashfs files. It has few squashfs files on board. Such
as base, xfce, openbox and other. You can pass options to kernel before
boot to plug one or another list of squashes. Also, you can plug it on
the fly, while working.

So, I found points, where puppet collect options to mount and remount
aufs branches. I was able to remount "/" mount point on the fly and
anything works fine. To make it in debian-live, I should know at least
branch name. It's not matter - how was build architecture of this
distribution, if it uses aufs, you can add layer to brunch. So, I need
some prompt, where I can find it. One idea is - unpack initrd, find all
what can looks as mount point options and before each mount append
duplicate of sring with echo command in beginning and redirecting
output to the log file. Also I should make it in live scripts, but it's
just takes a time. But I hopes, somebody knows better and easier way.

WBR Evgeniy